There has now been 16 cases of coronavirus linked to an outbreak at a pub in Stone.
After an appeal by public heath bosses for anyone who had been to the Crown and Anchor on 16, 17 and 18 July to get tested, hundreds of people have come forward.
They say so far 11 positive tests have come from the pub, with five more from secondary transmissions.
Of the 498 tests carried out at a walk-in testing site on Wednesday, 130 have proved negative, while 368 others are still waiting for their results.
Dr Richard Harling, Staffordshire County Council’s Director of Health and Care, said: “We now know that of the 16 cases, five are from the Stone area, with three from elsewhere in Stafford Borough. There are another three in Stoke-on-Trent, three in the Staffordshire Moorlands and two from Newcastle-under-Lyme.
“I am grateful that so many people have responded to the call to be tested and I would urge anyone who was the pub on the dates in question or has had contact with someone who may have been there, to be tested as soon as possible.
“Anyone who has symptoms of Covid-19 must now isolate for 10 days in line with updated Government guidance. Anyone who is a contact of someone who has tested positive must self-isolate for 14 days, even if they have tested negative themselves.”
The temporary mobile testing unit set at the Crown Street car park is open tomorrow and Sunday (August 1 and 2) between 10.30am and 3.30pm. People must book an appointment online here: https://www.gov.uk/get-
People can also use that website to book an appointment at testing sites at the Bet 365 Stadium in Stoke-on-Trent, or Beaconside in Stafford.
Coun Johnny McMahon, Staffordshire County Council’s Cabinet member for Health, Care and Wellbeing, said: “We are grateful for everyone’s efforts in containing the spread of Coronavirus and would urge people to work together and maintain their vigilance.”