.

Man taken to hospital after fire in Nantwich

Fire crews were called to a property in Nantwich in the early hours of this morning.

At around 12.45am firefighters from Nantwich and Crewe responded to reports of a fire at a flat in Jubilee Gardens.

On arrival they discovered a fire in the kitchen of a ground floor flat and that no-one was unaccounted for.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

Once the fire was out a thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots to make sure that the flat was safe.

A large fan was used to clear smoke from the flat.

A man suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation, who was outside the flat when firefighters arrived, was assessed by paramedics before being taken to hospital via an ambulance.

The fire is believed to have been caused by food cooking in a pan that had been left unattended.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service have the following cooking safety tips https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/kitchen-fire-safety

More from Local News

Comments

Add a comment

Log in to the club or enter your details below.
Cover art for Where The Streets Have No Name

Now Playing

U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name