.

Woman given first aid after fire at property in Nantwich

A woman was given first aid after a fire at a property in Nantwich.

At around 6.50pm on Sunday evening firefighters were notified of a smoke alarm sounding at a domestic property in Hayes Close.

The crew forced entry and discovered that cooking fumes from burnt food had activated the alarm.

Firefighters ventilated the property and administered first aid to the occupier.

They then handed her over to the care of paramedics.

Firefighters were in attendance for around an hour-and-a-half.

For cooking safety tips visit https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/kitchen-fire-safety.

More from Local News

Comments

Add a comment

Log in to the club or enter your details below.

Download Our App

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play

Traffic

  • B4210 Stafford Street - Birchills, West Midlands

    Stafford Street both ways closed due to sinkhole between Proffitt Street (Birchills) and Hospital Street (Walsall).

  • Transport networks - United Kingdom, London

    Restrictions and there are limited reasons for not 'staying at home' due to the Coronavirus outbreak. The Government website shows permitted reasons for going outside on Transport networks around the United Kingdom.

  • A529 - Adderley, Shropshire

    A529 both ways closed due to Resurfacing work during the day time between the Spoonley turn off and the Tittenley turn off.

Today's Weather

  • Stoke-On-Trent

    Medium-level cloud

    High: 19°C | Low: 9°C

  • Stafford

    Medium-level cloud

    High: 20°C | Low: 9°C

  • Crewe

    Medium-level cloud

    High: 19°C | Low: 8°C

Recently Played

Cover art for When Will I Be Famous

Now Playing

Bros - When Will I Be Famous